Demigod gets online options, rankings, and stats in 1.1 update
6/24/2009 3:00:00 PM
The folks at Stardock have been hard at work on Demigod and have released a new patch which fixes some online options and adds a host of new features. Included in the release is a bevy of online features like the ability for your team to concede when you realize that you have no hope of winning, improved computer AI, tweaking of the achievement system, tweaks to the powers in the game, as well as bunch of other things listed as "many small tweaks and fixes to engine and multiplayer".
To get the patch you just need to hook up to Stardocks' Impulse system and the game will automatically update itself to include all the new features.
Demigod Version 1.1 Now Available
- Custom games improved via new online system; improved visuals on lower NVIDIA cards; new team options; rankings; stats and more -
Plymouth, MI- (June 24, 2009) – Stardock (www.stardock.com) announced today that the first major update to Gas Powered Games’ Demigod (www.demigodthegame.com) is now available for download. Users will have the option to automatically install the updates via Stardock’s digital distribution platform, Impulse (www.impulsedriven.com).
Demigod is the ultimate real-time tactical PC strategy game. For fans of strategic epic large-scale multiplayer battles, Demigod is an irresistible title that includes extensive role-playing elements: Players will vanquish other would-be gods, gain levels and unlock the power of mystic artifacts as they battle for ascent to the Pantheon.
“Demigod version 1.1 features a host of improvements, a lot of which was based on player feedback,” said Brad Wardell, CEO of Stardock. “The new online system allows us the ability to update more efficiently and really concentrate on improving the multiplayer experience. The demo, which will be released in the coming weeks, is based on the changes in version 1.1 and dispels any lingering impression that the multiplayer experience isn’t fixed.”
Among the updates in Demigod:
· Custom Games make full use of new Demigod Online system developed by Stardock:
o Players who have opened their ports get directly connected.
o Players who don’t have opened ports will get connected via a NAT server
o Players who still can’t connect will have their games hosted by Stardock servers based in Asia, Europe, or North America depending on player location.
· Teams can concede a game to end it early once it becomes apparent who is going to win
· Launch of the second Epoch online. Existing statistics archived and rankings based on new games
· Improved chat window handling
· When players sell a minion idol, minions connected to that idol are destroyed
· Improved computer AI
· Removed “spammy” achievement alerts
· Improved visuals on certain NVIDIA cards at lower quality settings
· Heart of Life more expensive, now an artifact, longer cooldown
· Hex Scroll is more powerful
· Reward for completing a game is now 40 favor points
· Reduced experience and gold reward from killing piling priests and angels
· Angel unit AI improved
· Many small tweaks and fixes to engine and multiplayer
With Impulse, users purchase their game and can then immediately download and install the game through the Impulse client which seamlessly manages updates, community features and more. Games become part of that user’s account such that when a user purchase a new machine, a user can simply re-download the Impulse client, logon to their account and re-download all their purchases, even years into the future.
Learn more about Stardock by visiting www.stardock.com.
Stardock is one of the world’s leading developers and publishers of PC games and desktop software. Its PC games include Sins of a Solar Empire, the highest rated and best selling PC strategy game of 2008, as well as the critically acclaimed Galactic Civilizations series. Its desktop software includes Object Desktop, WindowBlinds, and a host of other programs for customizing the Windows experience. Stardock is a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner and a participating member of the Games for Windows program.