Dead Rising 3 got an update recently for the Xbox One in the form of a staggering, hard drive crushing 13GB update. That's right, a 13GB title update. To be fair, it does add content for the season pass single player stories, which I assume are pretty lengthy so it makes sense the update would be big, but 13GB?
This worries me. The Xbox One currently does not support external hard drives and there is no way to manage the content on your Xbox One, so I can see my internal hard drive filling up rather quickly. I know Microsoft's answer is "we're working on it" but you better have it ready really soon. It's only a matter of time before I have to stop playing new games or download anything else to it because my hard drive is full.
Anyways, the first DLC story content "Operation Broken Eagle" is available today and of course will be free if you have the seasons pass.
Here is a list of all the content in the update
- Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
- Various Stability Fixes.
- Various Performance Improvements.
- Online Stability improvements.
- Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
- Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
- Fix for missing English VUI command in Multiplayer menu.
- Some improvements to item pickups.
- Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
- Fixed an issue where music wasn’t present during the streaming install.
- Fixed some mission scripting issues.
- Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
- Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
- Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
- Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
- SmartGlass stability fix.