Although DJ Hero 2
is just barely two weeks away, Activision has announced several pre-order deals available across various stores. The goodies will also be given to those who pick the game up on launch day as a gift-with-purchase option (North America only, sorry other folks).
customers who buy the Turntable Bundle or Party Bundle will get a Puma-designed turntable controller bag. The $45 valued bag will help you transport your DJ equipment for those needed times.
Should you pre-order the game from Amazon
, you will received two free remixes in mp3 format. These include “I Remember” and “Move for Me” by Deadmau5 and Kaskade.
Best Buy is offering a hard-shell turntable carrying case that doubles as a DJ stand when you buy the Turntable Bundle or Party Bundle
. If you pick up any other version
at Best Buy, you will unlock Deadmau5 as a playable character in the game.
, on the other hand, will offer a copy of the original DJ Hero with purchases of the Party Bundle on the Wii or 360.
Finally, DeadMau5 and EMI
are offering exclusive DeadMau5 goodies, which includes a trip to play the game with DeadMau5 himself.
DJ Hero 2, the ultimate mixer of music and friends, will spin, scratch and crossfade into stores nationwide on October 19, 2010, and fans who reserve their copies early or purchase right at launch can take advantage of a variety of valuable pre-order and gift-with-purchase opportunities at major North American retailers including GameStop, Wal-Mart and Amazon.
· Eager fans that pre-order a DJ Hero 2 Turntable Bundle or Party Bundle at Gamestop will receive an exclusive turntable controller bag by PUMA®. Stylish, durable and valued at $45 MSRP, the exclusive turntable controller bag is perfect for carrying your gear to a friend’s house for late night battles or when you’re on the road. Visit Gamestop.com now to take advantage of the valuable offer now.
· Pre-order any version of DJ Hero 2 from Amazon.com and receive two free remixes from the game’s on-disc soundtrack in the form of MP3s. Deadmau5 and Kaskade have teamed up with Activision to give gamers MP3s of the exclusive remixes of “I Remember” and “Move for Me” – straight from the game. Click here to pre-order from Amazon.com and get your free MP3s!
· For a limited time only and while supplies last, Best Buy and Activision are giving away a premium hard-shell turntable carrying case that converts to a performance-ready DJ stand as a gift with the purchase of a DJ Hero 2 Turntable Bundle or Party Bundle. Start the party right by transforming your living room into the ultimate DJ Hero 2 nightclub.
· Gamers who pre-order or purchase any version of DJ Hero 2 at launch from Best Buy will score a code to unlock the Deadmau5 in-game playable character straight out of the box. Experience the best soundtrack in entertainment with one of dance music’s elite exclusively at Best Buy and BestBuy.com.
· At WalMart, consumers that pick up a DJ Hero 2 Party Bundle on Wii or Xbox 360 at launch will also receive a copy of DJ Hero®, while supplies last. That’s over 170 original, exclusive mixes sure to transform any living room into an instant party filled with spinning, scratching and crossfading.
· Last, but definitely not least, from DeadMau5 and the folks at EMI, fans of award winning producer and electronic music sensation can order DJ Hero 2 with a host of exclusive DeadMau5-themed goodies, including a chance at winning a fly away trip to play DJ Hero 2 with the legend himself. Score a t-shirt, bag, silicone wristband and Deadmau5 collectibles by ordering at: http://www.gomerch.com/deadmau5/djhero2/.
DJ Hero 2 will deliver the definitive way for players to come together and party with a host of new multiplayer modes – including DJ Battles that pit DJ against DJ in mixes produced specifically for battle gameplay – and invite vocalists into the spotlight with integrated on-screen singing and rapping of lyrics and rhymes while bringing the party to life with jump-in/jump-out Party Play gameplay. Featuring the biggest dance, pop and hip-hop hits by the hottest artists everyone knows and loves remixed by world-class DJ’s in an all-new way, the game’s soundtrack delivers 83 unique creations only available in DJ Hero 2. Further immersing players into the music, the game offers a heightened level of creative input and allows everyone to add their own touch, directly impacting the beats they’re spinning with freestyle scratching, crossfading and sampling. The game will also feature an all-new career-based Empire Mode where players start out as an up-and-coming DJ on the road to becoming the head of a major entertainment empire, all of which is founded solely on their success as a DJ.
DJ Hero 2 will invite a wave of new digital disc jockeys to the turntables as the game will be available as a Party Bundle which will include a copy of the game, two turntable controllers and a microphone, offering the ultimate “party-in-a-box.” Gamers who experienced DJ Hero, the #1 new videogame intellectual property of 2009, can pick up DJ Hero 2 as a Turntable Bundle featuring one turntable controller and a copy of the game or as standalone software. The game is in development by FreeStyleGames for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 and the Wii™ system from Nintendo. The game is rated “T” (Teen – Mild Suggestive Themes, Lyrics) by the ESRB. For more information about DJ Hero 2, please visit www.djhero.com, www.facebook.com/djhero and www.twitter.com/djhero.