The fine gents and ladies at D3 Publisher are fleshing out the somewhat bare Playstation Store with a couple downloadable classics for the PSP: Dead Head Fred
and Practical Intelligence Quotient 2
. If you don't already own these games on UMD, you can download each for around $15. I think this is a great idea--bypass the sluggish, battery-sucking UMDs altogether and just store games on a memory stick. Sony may have pioneered disc based media, but with portables, solid state is the way to go.
D3Publisher is pleased to announce that PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system classic games Dead Head Fred® and PQ2: Practical Intelligence Quotient™ 2 are now available for download via the PLAYSTATION®Store in North America!
PSP system owners will no longer need a UMD to lose their heads in critically-acclaimed Dead Head Fred or to measure their intelligence in PQ2: Practical Intelligence Quotient 2 as both games are now available for download via the PLAYSTATION®Store for $14.99.
About Dead Head Fred:
- Critically-Acclaimed Gameplay and Award-Winning Storyline – Dead Head Fred has received numerous accolades including the Writers Guild of America Videogame Writing Award 2008 and nominations for E3 2007 Game Critics Award for Best Handheld Game and GameTrailers.com Best of E3 2007 Award for Best PSP Game.
- Head Mechanic Offers An Innovative And Refreshing Twist On Action Gameplay – Each of the 9 collectible heads offer unique gameplay mechanics as players switch heads on the fly to explore new ways to progress through the game.
- Original Storyline Exclusively On The PSP System – Dead Head Fred offers an original storyline with “twisted noir” humor and violence in a portrayal of revenge and redemption in an artistically unique environment for the PSP system.
- Novel Combat Moves – Experience unique combat moves, including ground-pound, corpse-balloon, head-hunting, and multiple combos as you slaughter enemies in multiple ways by severing heads with your bare hands, shooting them with poison darts, irradiating them into goo, or slicing them into ribbons and more!
- Upgradeable Powers – Embark on seedy and diverse missions that increase your powers and attacks by acquiring new heads and collect money to purchase more upgrades.
· Explore Unique and Challenging Environments – A traversable manhole system drops players into the action faster to fly, gas, smash, battle and more through 12 uniquely themed environments including shrunken, tiki and underwater areas. Players can return to those areas with their newly acquired powers to discover previously hidden areas, bonuses and items.
· Bonus Side Missions, Mini-Games, And Activities – Bonus content offers players replayability through side missions, mini-games and activities such as Dirty Pool, Pinball, The Feather Dome and more.
About PQ2: Practical Intelligence Quotient 2:
- More Obstacles, Puzzles and Unlockables Than Before – Players will encounter more than 10 new obstacles, more than 250 puzzles and unlock 10 hidden puzzles; themed puzzles will focus on Single Moves, Traps, Reasoning, Fewest Moves and more!
- Get Your Preliminary PQ Score in Minutes – Players will discover their preliminary PQ score in roughly 10 minutes through Quick Mode, or play through the full puzzle set for their full PQ Score.
- Improved Controls and Flexibility – Players will move around with faster and sharper movements as well as choose which puzzles they want to play first.
- Create Your Own Puzzles and Acquire More Puzzles Over the Internet - Using Infrastructure Mode for the PSP system, players can upload their unique puzzles and download puzzles created by other players or new tests that will be made available weekly!
- Share PQ2 with Friends Who Don’t Own a Copy of the Game Through Gameshare Mode – Using Ad-Hoc Mode for the PSP system, players can send out a trial version of the game to their friends allowing them to solve 10 puzzles to discover their preliminary PQ score.
- What is your Practical Intelligence Quotient? Compare Your PQ Score with Others – Players will check their rank among the world’s top 100 scores, their country, their region, their age group, their gender and even their own blood type!
Dead Head Fred was developed by Vicious Cycle Software, Inc., and is rated “M” (Mature – blood, gore, intense violence, mature humor and strong language) by the ESRB. PQ2: Practical Intelligence Quotient 2 was developed by Nowproduction, Inc., and is rated “E” (Everyone) by the ESRB.