Collector's Edition revealed for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
8/17/2010 12:43:00 PM
In special edition news today, Blizzard announced a limited-release, in-store-only Collector’s Edition
for the upcoming expansion to World of Warcraft
, known as Cataclysm
The Collector’s Edition comes with a slew of bonuses, spanning an assortment of media and goodies.
Media-related bonuses include: a 176-page Art of the Cataclysm art book from Blizzard’s cinematics department, a behind-the-scenes DVD complete with developer interviews/commentaries, and a soundtrack with 10 new tracks and exclusive bonus tracks.
As for the goodies, you can find Lil’ Deathwing to be your in-game companion, a special-edition mouse pad featuring Deathwing, and World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards that include not just a 60-card deck, but two extended-art cards and two Collector’s Edition-exclusive hero cards.
Read on for more details, including about Cataclysm itself, and keep an eye out for more reporting
of the Cataclysm beta experience.
IRVINE, CA -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for a limited-release Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™, the third expansion for the world's most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game,* World of Warcraft. The special Collector’s Edition package, which will only be available at retail stores, will include the following exclusive bonus items in addition to the game disc:
· Art of the Cataclysm art book, featuring 176 pages of never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Entertainment cinematics department and the World of Warcraft development team, as well as progressive visuals from multiple stages of development.
· Exclusive in-game pet: he may not be a breaker of worlds just yet, but Lil’ Deathwing will still proudly accompany heroes on their struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.
· Behind-the-scenes DVD with over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, as well as a special Warcraft® retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.
· Soundtrack featuring 10 epic new tracks from Cataclysm, including exclusive bonus tracks.
· Special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.
· World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards, including a 60-card starter deck from the Wrathgate series, two extended-art cards, and two Collector's Edition-exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the TCG.
The first two World of Warcraft expansions, The Burning Crusade® and Wrath of the Lich King®, each shattered PC game sales records upon their release. In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races -- worgen and goblins -- will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.
The beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is currently underway. To set up a Battle.net account and sign up for a chance to participate, please visit the official Battle.net website at http://www.battle.net.
The World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 and Macintosh® at a suggested retail price of $79.99. The release date and other details for the game will be announced in the months ahead. For more information on World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, please visit the official website at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm.