SMITE got a patch today and with it brings Chaac, "The god of rain", to the game as a new character. Chaac joins the battleground of the gods as a warrior, who can destroy anything that is up close and personal with him. One of his abilities allows him to throw his hammer to an area in front of him and then activate numerous other abilities which makes him a great god to have around after some hard crowd control.
Check out his abilities below.
- Overflow (Passive) - After 5 successful basic attacks, the next ability Chaac uses costs no mana.
- Thunder Strike - Chaac throws his Ax forward, lighting shooting from it, dealing 80/140/200/260/320 damage +60% of your physical power to all enemies in the target area. Cooldown: 10. Cost: 60.
- Torrent - Chaac spins his axe around him, damaging all enemies for 100/150/200/250/300 +70% Physical damage scaling, and gaining 4/8/12/16/20 protections for enemy hit (max 5). If his Ax is out from Thunder Strike, he will first dash to the Ax location, doing 50% base damage to enemies he passes through and then execute his spin attack. Cooldown: 15. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80.
- Rain Dance - Chaac summons a rainstorm around his current location for 6s. While it rains he regains 10/15/20/25/30 health every 0.5s, and enemies are caught in the mud, slowed, and their attack speed reduced by 5/10/15/20/25%. If his Ax is out from Thunder Strike, a rainstorm will also spawn at that location. Cooldown: 16. Cost: 75/80/85/90/95.
- Storm Call - Chaac jumps directly up into the air, charging his lighting ax and unleashing a blast that silences for 3s and deals 150/200/250/300/350 damage +100% of his physical power to all enemies around him. If triggered within range of Chaac's Ax from Thunder Strike, Storm Call will super-charge, dealing an additional 50/75/100/125/150 damage and also knocking up enemies. Cooldown: 90. Cost: 80/90/100/110/120.
Vulcan's abilities also got a bit of a reworking this week as well. Vulcan is now classified as a mage and his basic attacked is now ranged. His passive has been changed and he has gotten a new ultimate ability that does ridiculous damage.
- Earthshaker (NEW) - Vulcan launches a rocket that explodes on impact with the ground, causing 400/520/640/760/880 +120% of magical power as damage. The rocket starts at 50% damage strength, and increases damage the further it travels from Vulcan. Cooldown: 90. Cost: 80/90/100/110/120.
I mean... look at that damage!
Tyr and Guan Yu get their golden skins this week and Kali, Chaac and Ao Kuang get their voice packs.
Finally, the new free God rotation is Anhur, Bakasura, Chang’e, Hercules and Vulcan