CDV has officially announced their E3 lineup and there are actually a few surprises this year as not all of them are WWII RTS games. This year CDV will be showing off Panzer Tactics DS
(the company's first DS title), Pacific Storm
(a RTS/turn based genre bender), Warfront :Turning Point
and War Leaders:Clash of Nations
(two WWII RTS games), DarkStar One
(space action adventure game), and Heroes of the Annihilated Empires
(a RTS/RPG mash-up). Looks like a pretty solid and diverse lineup. I'm meeting with them on the first day of E3 so I'll have some impressions right off the bat. Check out the press release for more information about the titles.
April 27, 2006 – Today CDV Software Entertainment USA has announced their planned lineup of six exciting titles that will be on display at the 2006 Electronics Entertainment Expo (Kentia Hall booth #7007) in Los Angeles. The titles include the highly anticipated War Front: Turning Point and DarkStar One, along with Panzer Tactics– the first World War II turn-based strategy game developed for the Nintendo DSTM handheld system. Assets for all titles will be available at www.gamespress.com/cdv in early May.
Note: Titles will be shown by appointment only, so If you have not yet booked an appointment to meet with CDV please contact email@example.com
The titles to be shown at E3 2006 are:
- War Front: Turning Point: A gripping alternate history WWII RTS focusing on new battles and a variety of secret and experimental weapons. Genre-defying graphics and a refreshing plot will keep gamers pinned to their PCs as they attempt to alter or ensure the outcome of vastly different World War II.
- War Leaders: Clash of Nations: In War Leaders, gamers will assume the role of historical commanders as they attempt to lead their nations to victory in World War II through economic, diplomatic and military means. The game will balance strategic and global decision making with action-oriented, tactical combat. Players must lead their nations both on and off the battlefield, negotiating with allies while crushing those who dare oppose them.
- Panzer Tactics DS: CDV's first handheld title, Panzer Tactics DS, will also be the first World War II turn-based strategy title developed for the Nintendo DS handheld system. Combining intuitive gaming with historically-inspired battles, would-be commanders will lead their forces to victory or defeat in three exciting single-player campaigns, or compete in multiplayer games via Nintendo-WiFi Connection or wireless multiplayer. Multiplayer games will also offer a competitive ladder system to rank the best online commanders.
- Heroes of Annihilated Empires: A unique combination of RTS and RPG gameplay in which players build massive armies and develop a heroic character in a rich fantasy world filled with magic, myth and monsters. Four distinct races will battle for domination using both swords and sorcery. Heroes’ new 3D engine shows the astonishing beauty of the created world, reflecting the peculiarities of various races’ territories.
- DarkStar One: A space-faring action adventure title from Ascaron Entertainment where players will take on the role of a young hotshot space pilot determined to solve the mystery of his father’s untimely death. The fast paced, open ended action takes place in a dangerous universe of some 400 distinct planets, unique alien races and a fully customizable starship, the DarkStar One.
- Pacific Storm: Part turn-based strategy, part RTS and part arcade-action game, Pacific Storm offers gamers a refreshing new approach to World War II action in the Pacific Theater. Players will take on the role of a senior commander as they manage resources and troop movements, and then switch to arcade mode to battle in the skies and on the seas in individual combat against an unrelenting enemy.
CDV Software Entertainment is dedicated to publishing and distributing top-notch video games worldwide. The publicly traded company, founded and headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, has its North American offices located in New Jersey and North Carolina, and partners with leading distribution partners across the globe. As publisher of critically acclaimed titles like Codename: Panzers, Divine Divinity, American Conquest, Combat Mission, War Front: Turning Point, Cossacks and the Blitzkrieg series, CDV is Europe’s foremost publisher of PC strategy titles.