Burnout Paradise Cagney Update is now Live
8/4/2008 9:05:00 AM
Criterion Games announced on their official site
that the long-anticipated Cagney Update
for Burnout Paradise
is now available for download from Xbox Live Marketplace (PS3 update later). Best possible news is that it is free of charge. The update adds in three new online Freeburn game modes and 70 new Freeburn timed online challenges among other updates. There are also two new cars (Hunter Olympus and Secret Criterion Car) and new liveries. The Cagney pack will be installed by auto-update the next time the game is loaded while connected to Live. Check out the complete list of updates and fixes....
Today, we're able to finally unveil the release date for the Cagney software update!
If you've missed the stories we've run so far, you can hit the Cagney tab at the top of this page and see all our Cagney blog entries in one place or check out the following summary of features:
3 New Freeburn Game Modes:
• Road Rage
Up to 8-player team event. One team must race through a series of Paradise City checkpoints. The other team must stop them.
Cue incredible chases and battling through the city, tons of voice communication as players co-ordinate their efforts.
• Stunt Run (vs)
Pull stunts to score points - hit barriers, billboards and ramps; ace barrel rolls, flat spins and massive airtime to score big. Everybody competes to simultaneously reach the biggest total. Hit your rivals to kill their scores and gain multipliers.
• Marked Man
A player is selected at random and everyone gangs up to take them down. The Marked Man scores for reaching the end point intact and taking anyone down along the way.
70 New Freeburn Challenges
• 70 new timed multi-part Freeburn Challenges
• Leaderboards for these challenges that log your best time (as well as those people who did it with you)
• Hunter Olympus
• A secret Criterion Car!
• Rossolini Tempesta Dream
• Two fan-created liveries – the Oval Steel Racer and Inferno Hippie Van
• Two secret Criterion liveries!
Ranked Race Changes
• Too much to report in this blog entry but click here for the full breakdown!
• Custom Soundtrack support on PS3
Other high-priority fixes and updates
• If you're in a 3 or more player challenge and a player drops out, the remaining players can still complete it (subject to it being a challenge that can handle this!)
• "Previously" section on the search games list now displays Challenges, Today's Best and Freeburn game modes, making it loads easier to decide which game you want to join
• You can now view Leaderboards and Options in an online game
• You can now mute other online players in the show players screen
• You can now mute yourself if you have a PS3 Eye/Eye toy
• We've increased time-out for online races, and if all players complete the races within the timer, then you go straight to results
• The Airfield has been changed to help with the drivability of the area and make it a little easier to complete the hoop challenges
• Online cars now show damage - roll up to the start in a half-destroyed Hunter Cavalry and everyone else will see it!
• Added a stronger display message if you rule all of Todays Best
• The Easy Drive menu & Challenges page now loops from top to bottom
• Fixed the navigation system so that it takes into account the next check point in a race
• Fixed traffic not reappearing in Freeburn after a no-traffic race
• Fixed online races using Lawrence Road - it's been reporting finish distances with a little inaccuracy
• Revised 30+ car resets following crashes
• All new sound effects added for Easy Drive
• Driving backwards in Road Rage now ends the event as it does in Marked Man
• Option to invert camera axis for the look around camera on right stick
• Online player information made accurate on the instance a player goes through a checkpoint in races
• If you set VOIP mix to zero it is now saved correctly
• 1080i support for "almost HD" sets - PS3 only
• Improved the Standard Definition rendering on PS3
• New highlight to show the player in Today's Best
• Easy Drive fades out if it's unused for 20 seconds
• Boost chaining no longer possible by drifting in open areas