Breach gets a Hardcore mode for the ultimate simulative experience
10/22/2010 7:07:00 PM
, the first person shooter in development by Atomic Games for XBLA and PSN, has just been given a new mode announcement. Hardcore mode is an even grander simulation than what the game itself boasts.
In conjunction with Hardcore mode is the Sol Survivor game type where each player has a single life to play with. As you can imagine, the HUD is also minimized to create a more realistic experience. This includes the elimination of the mini-map radar, ammo count and weapon fire-mode display, and the Kill Cam. Read on for the full details of this newly announced mode after the jump.
You can also find the new screenshots below.
Raleigh, North Carolina - October 22, 2010 /GameBlast/ - Atomic Games, a developer of simulations for US military and intelligence agencies and a pioneer in military action games, announced today the details of Hardcore Mode in BreachTM, for the Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Breach's Hardcore Modepromisesplayers the opportunity to test themselves and their tactics in an FPS like never before all in a title that costs less than $20.00.
When Atomic first showed off Breach to gamers, the game's realism caused some organizations that use other Atomic training systems to show interest in using a modified version of Breach as a training aid for their operatives. Since Breach was made from the beginning to offer new kinds of authenticity not available in other shooters, adding in a sim-like HardCore Mode for both operatives and gamers was not difficult. Between its robust destruction and active cover technologies, it can simulate aspects of urban warfare better than any other multiplayer title. Add in its ability to simulate small arms fire, including range, velocity and caliber, and its purpose is clear. Breach, unlike any other current game, is about using cover and denying its use to the enemy, allowing for the true element of surprise and the ability to use real world tactics in a virtual environment. When players use the new Hardcore Mode in conjunction with the Sole Survivor game type, they will be able to experience Breach similar to the way real world Operators will as they train. Some of the components of Hardcore Mode are listed below,
* New "Sole Survivor" Game Type: Each player is given only one life and no re-spawns, causing them to move and shoot with much more care and precision in this Team Deathmatch-like competition.
* Minimal HUD experience - Aiming reticule and other items turned off, while certain other items are left in as real life affords greater situational awareness.
* Disabling of Mini-Map radar system - removes the ability to use the radar to track enemy and friendly forces, players must be more aware of their surroundings
* Disabling of ammo counter and weapon fire-mode display
* Disabling of Kill Cam system: No longer gives you a hint about the person who killed you or where they were located -- keeping your effective kill locations hidden.
* Modified Damage Settings creating a more lethal experience: More realistic damage from all weapons, making direct fire fights highly lethal. Use cover to gain the upper hand.
* Hardcore mode can be applied to any of the existing maps and Game types: Creating a unique twist for the serious gamers across the board.
* Filter match searchers by normal or hardcore to match your play style
Breach is being released simultaneously on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 and on Windows PC. Further intelligence can be gathered at www.breachgame.com and http://www.facebook.com/breachgame.