Battle of the Immortals launching closed beta April 13
4/5/2010 8:08:00 PM
To be honest, I have not heard of this PC-only MMO before today. Battle of the Immortals
is the "next big thing" from Perfect World Entertainment. There is an introductory developer diary that was posted last week explaining what we can expect from the game. Some of the highlights I chose from the information provided:
- It uses a completely different engine and is more action oriented than other games from Perfect World Games.
- There's a underwater level!
- I saw someone riding a woolly mammoth!
These three points alone have demanded my attention. Did I mention this will be free to download and play? Be sure to watch the video below or hit the game's site
for a ton of other information. Battle of the Immortals
hits closed beta next week and should be released later this Spring.
BATTLE OF THE IMMORTALS” TO HIT CLOSED BETA NEXT TUESDAY, APRIL 13
April 5, 2010 – Redwood City, Calif. - Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a wholly owned US subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD), today announced that players can look forward to joining the closed beta for Battle of the Immortals next Tuesday, April 13. As a 2.5D multiplayer game that combines eastern and western cultures ranging from Norse Mythology to the Qin Dynasty, players can expect intense PvP action, hardcore dungeons and highly-articulated equipment with the Soul Gear system.
“Battle of the Immortals is offering unique hardcore PvP and PvE,” said Jonathan Belliss, Product Manager for Battle of the Immortals. “Not only will players challenge elite monsters to obtain highly coveted Soul Gear, but they will also have to compete against other players for the right to slay epic bosses.”
Battle of the Immortals Key Features
· 5 Unique Classes – Each with their own distinct skill set and equipment
· Zodiac System – Empower your character according to their Zodiac symbol
· Auto-Navigation Quest System – Progress through quests easily with auto-navigation
· Soul Gear System – Unique sets of armor and gear specifically tailored toward each class that grows and changes as players use them
· Hardcore PvP – Battle other players to be the best within an in-depth ranking system
· Hardcore PvE – Compete against other players for the right to take down epic bosses
· PvE Time Trials – Race against other players to gain access to even greater challenges
· Pet System – Collect a wide variety of pets ranging from cute to devastating monsters
· Mount System – Ride upon giant beasts to shorten your travels and engage in combat
· Territory War System – Battle other guilds for rare relics, resources and other treasures
For more information on Battle of the Immortals as well on how to obtain a closed beta invite, please visit the official website at http://BOI.PerfectWorld.com/
About Perfect World Entertainment
Perfect World Entertainment, a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD), publishes free-to-play online games and provides online services in North America. The Company primarily publishes online games based on the Perfect World proprietary game engines and game development platforms. The Company’s releases include “Ether Saga Online,” “Jade Dynasty” and “Perfect World International,” a free-to-play MMORPG which is currently played by millions of people worldwide; and a single-player action-RPG “Torchlight.”