Atlus sends word that they have acquired the rights to publish Persona 3
in North America. The game is the latest in the Shin Megami Tensei series and should make Matt really happy when it it released in 2007. Hit the more link for all of the details on the game.
SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI: PERSONA 3TM
We each have a side of our self that's best kept secret...
Now, it's time to unleash that Persona!
IRVINE, CALIFORNIA — DECEMBER 15, 2006 — Atlus U.S.A., Inc., a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced that Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 will be available for the Playstation®2 Computer Entertainment System across North America in June 2007. Enormously successful in Japan, P3 is the newest RPG from the publishers of the acclaimed Shin Megami Tensei series.
“Persona 3 is the most exciting, challenging, and ambitious title in the SMT series to date!” said Yu Namba, Project Lead for P3. “While still faithful to its roots, it takes the series in a bold new direction with the implementation of the Social Link system, where your relationship with not just party members but also a huge cast of characters is critical to your success! Tired of endless random battles and character leveling? Then, focus on your Social Links instead... How you play the game is up to you!”
In Persona 3, you’ll assume the role of a high school student, who was orphaned as a young boy, and has recently transferred to Gekkoukan High School on Port Island. Only days after he arrives at the school dorm, he is attacked by a Shadow. The assault awakens his Persona, Orpheus, his only chance at defeating this creature of the night. He soon discovers that he shares this special ability with other students at his new school. From them he learns of the Dark Hour, a hidden time that exists between one day and the next, swarming with Shadows that have been slowing claiming victims known as The Lost—poor souls who have inexplicably been turned into walking zombies. Under the supervision of school chairman Shuji Ikutsuki, he joins his new friends in confronting this evil threat…
With your school as the primary battlefield, you’ll be forced to juggle between two lives: student by day, defender against evil by night. And your greatest challenges await you on the eve of each full moon.
• Engaging Social Link system lets you build intimate relationships with friends and love interests alike!
• Unforgettable characters, including familiar faces from previous Persona games, and professionally-acted dialogue bring the story to life!
• Massive replay value with over 20 Social Links and a complex storyline encompassing a full school year.
• Highly stylized designs grace the beautiful 2D character portraits, detailed 3D animations, and heart-pounding cut scenes!
• Hip Urban-Techno soundtrack from Shoji Meguro, the composer for Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga!
• Intense, strategic battle system; find and exploit enemy weaknesses with the help of your allies!