Aksys is trying to decide on the final, official artwork for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
... and they want your help. The developer is currently holding a contest where gamers across the lands can help develop the art that will be used for the interior artwork for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 releases of the game.
You can send your works to Aksys through June 4, 2010. The only “constraint” on the work is that it must all be PG-13 rated at the most, so keep it clean. If you win the contest, not only will your work be used on the final production of the game, but you will also get a copy of the game for a console of your choice. You can find the full, official rules which include format and size requirements as well as submission information after the jump...
BlazBlue: Contiuum Shift ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ ART CONTEST
Dates May 7, 2010 through June 4, 2010
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins 12:01 a.m. May 7, 2010 and ends 11:59 p.m. June 4, 2010. For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are Pacific Standard Time (PST).
The Art Contest is sponsored by Aksys Games Localization Inc. (“Aksys Games”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Art Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States. Contestants must be 18 years or older. Void in Puerto Rico and wherever prohibited by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsors, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, sales, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and representatives, and legal advisors, and their immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Contestants must create an original piece of digital art to Aksys Games. Read Art Submission Guidelines for more information.
Entrants represent and warrant that submitted artwork(s) are wholly original pieces, created solely by the entrant, and are not copied from a book, magazine, newspaper, or other commercial or proprietary source. ALL ENTRIES BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE SPONSOR(S) AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED. In consideration of entrants' participation in this Contest, entrants expressly grant Sponsor the right to modify, use, reproduce, electronically publish, and display the submitted designs in all media, means, and forms and without any payment to entrants.
- Two (2) pieces of submitted art will be chosen as the winning pieces. One will be displayed on the INSIDE of the coversheet for the Xbox 360 version of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, and the other will be displayed on the INSIDE of the coversheet for the Playstation 3 version of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift.
- A copy of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift on the console of the winners choice.
No cash or other prize substitution permitted. Prize is nontransferable.
6. PRIZE DRAWING. All Prize winners will be selected based solely on the judgment of Aksys Games’s staff. Their decision is final.
In addition to selecting the winning pieces, the staff of Aksys Games will also select which piece will be used for the Xbox 360 coversheet, and which will be used for the PS3 coversheet.
Art Submission Guidelines:
a) Artists will create an original piece in digital media.
b) Work will be selected on the basis of being well-executed and aesthetically interesting. The inspiration behind your art should be based on the characters of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (Please keep it PG-13).
d) All work must be submitted digitally at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a low resolution JPEG file of your finished art work not exceeding 1MB to an e-mail sent to the above address. DO NOT SEND US YOUR ORIGINAL DIGITAL ARTWORK FILE!
e) You must have master files ready to submit, should your piece be chosen, in the following format(s): PlayStation - 9.25 W x 5.781 H 300 dpi - uncompressed TIFF and Xbox360 - 9.055 W x 7.087 H 300 dpi - uncompressed TIFF
f) The e-mail to which your submission(s) is/are attached must contain your full contact information (phone number, address, and full legal name).
g) Submission deadline is FRIDAY, JUNE 4, 2010.
7. SELECTION OF WINNERS. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to return completed and executed declaration(s) and release(s) as required and in a timely manner, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person or e-mail address that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Rules.
By accepting a Prize, winners also agree to release Sponsors and their agencies from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the Prize.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY: Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
9. SPONSORS. Aksys Games Localization Inc., 365 Van Ness Way, Suite #510, Torrance, CA 90501.