Paradox Interactive has announced
that a demo is available for the upcoming Achtung Panzer: Karkov 1943
. Realism, tactics and strategic depth are the focus of this title. Players will command the battle and see real ballistics, vehicle damage and soldiers behavior. The demo is now available from the usual places
and weighs in at about 300MB.
If you like what you find, buy Achtung Panzer: Karkov 1943
at an online retailer
and get it for 15% off. This "pre-order" deal actually runs through March 3 (a week after the game's release) and brings the game down to $17. That's a good deal if you were planning on purchasing it.
Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 Pre-Order Starts as Demo Hits the Web
NEW YORK – February 18, 2010 – Paradox Interactive today launched the pre-order program for Graviteam’s upcoming war strategy game, Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943. Gamers who purchase the title at participating online retailers between now and March 3 will get 15% off – Meaning this is a pre-order campaign that runs right through the game’s February 25 release.
The pre-order announcement coincides with the release of the Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 demo, offering a taste of the game’s focus on realism and both tactical and strategic depth. Initially launched on Fileplanet, the demo can be downloaded at various sites.
For more info, visit www.paradoxplaza.com/games/achtung-panzer-kharkov-1943 or join the Achtung Panzer fan page on Facebook where one copy of the game will be given to fans daily leading up to the release of the game.
Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 Main Features:
- Great replayability and flexible AI behaviour: “smart” AI analyses tactical movements of player and chooses the best strategy based on opponents’ behaviour, rather than following scripts. It allows players to complete the same scenarios using different tactics as if playing with human player.
- Painstaking landscape reconstruction of Kharkov region in scope and size
- Thorough re-creation of weapons, artillery and vehicles: all battle characteristics, including missile trajectories or number of crew, were modeled according to military archive materials and WW2 chronicles.
- Dynamic change of day & night, and weather effects that affect combat – terrain traversal, visibility on the battlefield, disguise abilities of all forces, etc.
- Destructible environment: blast and destroy almost everything, from ground terrain to houses and enemy defences. All traces of previous battles (shell-holes, broken vehicles, corpses, etc.) are left on the battlefield until the end of the scenario.
- Real ballistics: bullets and projectiles follow authentic trajectories. Proper shot longitude, number of frags and their range are calculated.
- Real vehicle damage system: engine, suspension, weapons, aiming appliances can all be damaged separately, affecting the combat abilities of the vehicle.
- Real soldiers' behaviour: every soldier has some basic parameters, such as experience level, fatigue and morale that affect his behaviour and effectiveness.
- Military Encyclopaedia with 3D model viewer and detailed data on all units, describing their historical and in-game characteristics.
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Elven Legacy series, Mount&Blade and Majesty 2. Paradox stands poised to make an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow @pdxinteractive on twitter.