2K held another livestream event for WWE 2K14
and revealed what a lot of people, including myself, have been waiting for. They revealed the additions to this years creation suite. I am very excited about all the new additions this year because I spend most of my time in these games creating wrestlers, arenas, belts and create my own storylines like it were WWE Tycoon.
The first new addition we saw this year is "Superstar Heads". Superstar Heads allows players to take a superstar and fully customize their body and attires. If you are a WWE fan, you know that superstars are constantly changing their looks and attires, so this is a perfect way to try to keep things a little more up to date.
Next we saw the updates to Custom Championships. Last year they introduced this feature but unfortunately it was very limited. Last year you could only take an existing title and change the color of it. This year we can create our own personal championship belts with logos, decals and sculptural reliefs to truly make it our own creations.
Create an Arena gets a significant update this year as well as they have added tons of new stages that players can pick from when creating their own arenas. You can also add screen filters of varying degrees to your arenas as well to mimic the old school look of arenas from the 80's and the 90's. A number of arena sizes have also been added as well including gigantic stadiums for those who want to create even more Wrestle Mania arenas.
Finally, they gave us the news that CAW makers have wanted for years. The number of custom superstars we can save has been bumped up from 50 to 100.
Here is a handly list of all the updates you can expect when the game comes out on October 29th.
- Custom Superstar
- New Superstar Heads allows the user to fully customize select WWE Superstars’ body and attire (including John Cena, CM Punk, Roddy Piper, Daniel Bryan and Undertaker) with the ability to set them as separate characters or alternate attires
- New ability to apply social media callouts for created Superstars
- For the first time ever, entrance attires can now be customized within Superstar Threads
- Custom Superstar save slots have been doubled to 100
- A host of new parts for more creative freedom
- Custom Championship allows the ability to create an original Championship. Customize the color of titles and apply logos, decals and sculptural reliefs to the front and side plates
- Custom titles can be placed up for grabs in Universe Mode
- New arena designs and venue size types
- New stage designs and much more
- New motions, music, and videos in Custom Entrance mode
- Ability to cast the positions of tag team and 3 man tag entrance motions
- Story Designer, Create-a-Finisher, and Custom Logos also return for the most in-depth creation suite yet.
You can check out their official livestream of the creation suite showcase below.