A few more months and you can all experience the Beatles in The Beatles: Rock Band
. There aren't initially going to be as many songs as so a regular Rock Band
or Guitar Hero
game but that's what DLC is for. Anyways, here are 15 more songs that will be included in the game when it's released 9-9-09. The game is the first to feature three part vocal harmonies which looked pretty tough but fun when I saw it in action at E3.
- Twist And Shout / Cavern Club
- Do You Want To Know A Secret / Cavern Club
- Can't Buy Me Love / Ed Sullivan Theater
- I Wanna Be Your Man / Ed Sullivan Theater
- Eight Days A Week / Shea Stadium
- Paperback Writer / Budokan
- And Your Bird Can Sing / Budokan
- Yellow Submarine / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band* / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- With a Little Help from My Friends* / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- Revolution / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- Birthday / Abbey Road Dreamscape
- Dig A Pony / Rooftop Concert
- I've Got A Feeling / Rooftop Concert
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MTV Games and Harmonix Unveil Next 15 Songs Featured In The Beatles™: Rock Band™
One of the Most Anticipated Music Video Game of 2009 to Include “Twist And Shout,” “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band,” “Revolution,” “Yellow Submarine” and More
New York, NY – July 21, 2009 – MTV Games and Harmonix, the world’s leading developer of music-based games and a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today revealed 15 more of the 45 on-disc tracks that will be featured in The Beatles™: Rock Band™. A gameplay trailer featuring eight of the 15 newly announced songs can be viewed by visiting www.thebeatlesrockband.com.
Following the world premiere of The Beatles: Rock Band at the Microsoft press briefing at the 2009 E3 Media & Business Summit last month, the newly announced 15 songs represent a cross-section of hits and favorites that span The Beatles’ storied career from Can’t Buy Me Love and Paperback Writer to With A Little Help From My Friends and Yellow Submarine, bringing the total number of announced songs to 25.
The 15 new songs for The Beatles: Rock Band and the venues they are featured in are:
· Twist And Shout / Cavern Club
· Do You Want To Know A Secret / Cavern Club
· Can't Buy Me Love / Ed Sullivan Theater
· I Wanna Be Your Man / Ed Sullivan Theater
· Eight Days A Week / Shea Stadium
· Paperback Writer / Budokan
· And Your Bird Can Sing / Budokan
· Yellow Submarine / Abbey Road Dreamscape
· Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band* / Abbey Road Dreamscape
· With a Little Help from My Friends* / Abbey Road Dreamscape
· Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows / Abbey Road Dreamscape
· Revolution / Abbey Road Dreamscape
· Birthday / Abbey Road Dreamscape
· Dig A Pony / Rooftop Concert
· I've Got A Feeling / Rooftop Concert
Additional on-disc songs will be announced at a later date.
The Beatles: Rock Band allows fans to pick up the guitar, bass, mic or drums and experience The Beatles’ extraordinary catalogue of music through gameplay that takes players on a journey through the legacy and evolution of the band’s legendary career. From the early touring days in 1963 Liverpool to the immortal, final performance on the Apple Corps rooftop, fans can follow in The Fab Four’s footsteps as they traverse the globe during the height of Beatlemania.
Additionally, for the first time in a music videogame, The Beatles: Rock Band introduces three-part vocal harmonies to gameplay, allowing gamers to revel in the unparalleled vocal stylings of The Beatles.
As previously announced, the entire Abbey Road album will be available for future download purchase. In addition, “All You Need Is Love” will be released Sept.9, 2009, exclusively through Xbox LIVE for a limited time as a downloadable song for The Beatles: Rock Band, with all Apple Corps Ltd, MTV Games, Harmonix and Microsoft proceeds benefitting Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).
In conjunction with the release of the entire, original, digitally re-mastered Beatles CD catalogue, The Beatles: Rock Band will be available Sept. 9, 2009, simultaneously worldwide in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories for the Xbox®360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI), and the Wii™ home videogame console from Nintendo. The game will be compatible with all Rock Band instrument controllers, as well as most Guitar Hero® and other authorized third-party music video game peripherals and microphones.
North American and European fans who pre-order any version of the The Beatles: Rock Band at a participating retailer will be given an access code to officially join the Pre-Order Club. After entry of the code, consumers will gain access to breaking news and exclusive behind-the-scenes elements. For a list of participating retailers or to learn more about The Beatles: Rock Band Pre-Order Club, please visit www.thebeatlesrockband.com/preorderclub/.
The Beatles: Rock Band marks the first time that Apple Corps, along with EMI Music, Harrisongs Ltd, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing, has agreed to present The Beatles music in an interactive video game format. The Beatles: Rock Band will be published by MTV Games and developed by Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game company and creators of the best-selling Rock Band®. Electronic Arts will serve as distribution partner for the game. In addition, Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles innovative LOVE album project, is providing his expertise and serving as Music Producer for this groundbreaking Beatles project.