Paradox Interactive has released the first trailer for the next entry in the Battlegoat Studios' Supreme Ruler series, Supreme Ruler: Cold War
The title invites gamers to relive the tension and uncertainty of the cold war, then dominate it like a toddler playing basketball.
On the cusp of the Korean War and the arms race that invaiably accompanies a new world war, you, as the leader of either the United States of America or the Soviet Union must navigate the pitfalls that come with total authority over economic, diplomatic, domestic, and military decisions if you are to have any hope of leading you chosen side through the conflict unscathed and increase its worldwide influence.
If you think you might be up to such a challenge, follow
the game on Twitter, friend
it on Facebook, talk
to other fans, or visit Battlegoat Studios'
First Gameplay Footage for Supreme Ruler: Cold War Released
NEW YORK—April 7th, 2011 - Paradox Interactive today released the first trailer of Supreme Ruler: Cold War. Developed by BattleGoat Studios, which also created the successful Supreme Ruler 2010 and 2020, their most recent title invites you to relive the tension and uncertainty of the Cold War.
As the 1950’s approach, the Korean War looms, the Arms Race intensifies, and the world anticipates a new World War. As leader of the United States or the Soviet Union, you must make the correct Economic, Diplomatic, Domestic and Military decisions to successfully navigate your country through this dangerous historical era and increase your nation’s Sphere of Influence on the world stage. The trailer demonstrates Supreme Rules Cold War’s game-play, strategic complexity and depth, while also highlighting the tension during the cold war.
At this tumultuous time in history, the world craves a leader—will you be it?
- Play as the United States or Soviet Union in Campaign Mode
- Control any Nation in Post-World War II Era in Sandbox Mode
- Use Diplomacy, Trade and Espionage to influence the policies of other nations
- Research new Technologies to give your nation an edge
- Grow and Modernize your Economy
- Control Military production and deployment, or let your Ministers take care of the details
- And when Diplomacy Fails… Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces!
- Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet
Supreme Ruler: Cold War is the next installment in the Supreme Ruler series and gives players control over a 1950’s United States or Soviet Union as they try to lead their country to glory. Players make economic, diplomatic, domestic, and military decisions to grow and modernize their nation to ensure its place atop the rest of the world.